on Mon May 08, 2017 6:47 pm
Install our plugin on XenForo forums
Install our plugin on XenForo forums
Hello Dear Members,
We have some new amazing news for you ! It is about the Launch of Plugin for #XenForo forums that we have released so that you will be able too - to create multi-lingual topics
- Installation of XenForo plugin
- Creation of a XenForo plugin
- Install your own XenForo plugin
- How does it work ?
- Create your first multilingual post
- Selecting the multilingual posts' language
- What if an alias does not exist in my language
What is a multi-lingual topic ?A #multilingual topic is a special post in your forum that is available in different languages. This feature will allow new guests that don't speak your forum main-language to undestand your topic content and join the discussion
Installation of XenForo plugin
Creation of a XenForo plugin
- First, you need to create an account on our website at https://www.translationscloud.com/registration .
Note that an email verification is required. Use a valid email address.
- Once that your account has been created and it has been verified, login your client area and Go to Dashboard
- Now go to Modules > Plugins and you will now see the management tool for your plugins. Click on the XenForobutton to start creating a plugin for your XenForo forum
- If this is the first time you create a plugin for XenForo, click on the button in this new page to start
- You will be required to confirm and verify some information. Here you can find a full explanation of the different contents.
- Verify Api Key and Forum address
you will need to check if a valid api-key is available and if the forum address corresponds to the one you will use
- Multilingual icon
It is possible to set an icon to highlight multilingual contents. By default a light-bulb is displayed.
Some translations are required for your plugin. You can leave the default-ones or update them.. it is up to you
Install your own XenForo plugin
- First, go to to your Administration Panel and edit the PAGE_CONTAINER template
- Search for < /head > in your template content (whthout spaces)
- Now paste the personal code-snippet right before this tag.
Your plugin is hosted in our servers for your own security and safety.example:
- Go to Administration panel > Home > BB Code & Smilies > Custom BBcodes and
- Basic information
- BBcode tag: alias
- Title: Alias
- Description: it is up to you, here we suggest you one
Allows you to create and manage a multi-lingual post. A multilingual post will allow members to read this content in their own language, if set by an administrator.
- Replacement Mode: Simple replacement
- Supports Option Parameter: no
- HTML Replacement::
- Example Usage: it is up to you, here we suggest you one
To use the multi-lingual BBcode you should include the alias name between tags.
For example: [ alias ]variable_name_here[ /alias ]
- Allow this BB code in signatures: unchecked
- Advanced options
- Within This BB Code: check the following
- Disable smilies
- Disable line break conversion
- Disable auto-linking
- Stop parsing BB code
- Editor Icon URL: it is up to you, this is our suggestion
There are some CSS lines to include in your forum stylesheet. So, go to Administration panel and include these lines in your extra.css template
border-bottom: 1px solid #A5CAE4;
border-top: 1px solid #A5CAE4;
text-shadow: 0px 1px 1px white;
Explanation of css lines
this class refers to the header included for multi-lingual posts
How does it work ?
Creating a new multilingual post
Once the installation process is completed, you can start creating your own multilingual posts and topics
Thanks to our plugin and your settings, a special BBcode button is included in your editor and it will allow you to include an alias in your post
Alias can be created from your client area from Management > New translation and you and your translators can translate them in different languages from Client area > Pending translations. If you include an alias that hasn't been created yet, the system will return "not found"
Of course you can write a normal post and having only a part in multilingual.
Once included it will appear as in the example above (Source mode / WYSIWYG mode)
Now we are ready to post it
In your topic page the alias will be automatically replaced with the content of your translation! Wow!
An icon that you can set during the plugin creation will be displayed for valid multi-lingual posts. A simple post or a not-valid multilingual post will not be marked with this icon.
Selecting the multilingual posts' language
If you want to modify or select a language for your multilingual posts you can go on your forum to Edit profile > Settings > Preferences
There is no need to save the page: the update is made in async mode. If you see the green success text, your modification is done !
What if an alias does not exist in my language ?
If an alias is valid, but it is not available for in your language, the default version will be displayed and a special icon will notify you of a multilingual post in default language
|For extended technical details, customization and generic support,|
please contact us in our Plugin assistance section
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum